In 2010, Castello Italia, has developed a proprietary copolymer with the goal to improve the mechanical and chemical properties of standard polyurethane without compromising the advantages which have made PU tubes very successful in the pneumatic industries.
This copolymer of PU (COPA12) offers:
- Excellent pression resistance for tubes
- Extreme flexibility and kinking behaviour
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Good tear, cutting and perforation
- Resistance to oil and grease
COPA12 can be used in pneumatic tubes to replace PA12 or PU, shoe soles against PEBA because of its excellent mechanical properties combined with extreme flexibility. Tubes made of COPA12 are marked as C.STAR